iStore - A Store Like No OtherSaturday, September 05, 2015
|Photo Credit: JJ Thompson|
Glamourous, sleek and unique. These are but a few adjectives that could be used to describe iStore - a stylish shopping destination for fashionable and practical technological accessories. It's the place where cutting-edge digital design meets modern lifestyle. It's also the place where you can be sure to find the perfect gift for my next birthday. Just in case you were already planning ahead.
|Photo Credit: JJ Thompson|
Recently, iStore owners, Joel Teitelbaum and Mike Battat, opened their newest location inside Scarborough Town Centre. Their goal was to create a stylish and welcoming retail environment that entices customers to relax and discover everything that the store has to offer. iStore's artistic design features a dramatic, hand‐assembled, custom‐designed, black and white patterned high‐gloss ceramic floor imported from Europe, custom‐made, curved modular Corian tables featuring floating trays where out‐of‐box products are displayed and custom‐built digital panels above each tray highlighting retail and product details.
The store also features a unique sound booth engineered with a sound‐proof foam interior where you can conveniently compare sound systems before making a purchase. And since we're on the topic of convenience, you will be thrilled to learn that iStore offers SafeCharge stations for mobile charging where customers can charge their mobile phone while they shop. For free! These charging stations use fingerprint recognition technology to lock and unlock a small personal locker, ensuring your phone remains secure while you shop.
Inside the iStore, you will find a myriad of products in a wide variety of categories:
- Audio: Wireless speakers, headphones, earbuds and more from brands such as Frends, Skullcandy, Bose, Beats, Olufsen and more.
- Cases & Bags: Protective bags, backpacks, and cases from brands that include Kate Spade, Herschel, Vanesa Rey.
- Accessories: Rechargeable battery cases, cleaning products, cables, keyboards, storage solutions and more.
- Connected Home: Unique smart home devices such as iGrill, weather stations and plant sensors.
- Health & Fitness: Wellness devices to monitor health, improve performance and track sleep, meals and workouts.
- Entertainment & Lifestyle: Design tools, interactive toys, iPhoneography and more.
- Mobile Devices: The latest Apple mobile products, from iPhones, iPads, MacBook and iPods to Apple TV. Apple-certified staff is on hand for product demos and to answer questions.
One of my favourite features of the iStore is the ability to test out products on site, including several interactive toys. On my son's wish list: Sphero 2.0 and SilervLit Ferrari in red. Both of these are app-enabled so you can control them from your mobile device bia Bluetooth.
Personally, I think the Osmo Educational Gaming System for the iPad will be a huge hit this holiday season. It features a reflector and stand, and includes word games, tangram games and more. I give it two thumbs up.
While you can find most of these products online at istoreworld.com, I highly suggest you stop by an iStore location for a unique shopping experience. You will likely spend several hours drooling over all of the beautiful accessories like I did. Honestly, it's a store like no other.
Other iStore mall locations include the Rockland Shopping Centre in Montreal and West Edmonton Mall. There are also several boutique airport locations across North America as well.