Cute Coral Summer Footwear From Orthaheel: Where Style Meets ComfortSaturday, March 16, 2013
All in favour of an early summer say, "Aye!"
If I had my druthers, I would file a lawsuit against Wiarton Willie for giving us false hope of an early spring. But instead, I will simply demand an early summer. Sounds fair, right?
This week, while off for the March Break, I refused to let the snowfall dampen my spirits. Instead, I gave myself my first pedicure of the year (you're welcome!) and pulled out my new sandals courtesy of Orthaheel. I decided to pour myself a fresh glass of lemon water, throw on my slingbacks and kick back for some much deserved down time. The thing is, as a French teacher that travels from class to class... to class..., I am always on my feet. I often wear running shoes or flats that provide enough support for the demands of my job. But sometimes I want to wear something more stylish.
|Julie Slingback Sandal - $79.95|
While flipping through the Orthaheel 2013 Spring/Summer Look Book, I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to try the Julie Slingback Sandal in coral. The floral t-strap is oh, so adorable and the gold accents were perfect. Stylish? You bet! And they are easy to put on and adjust for the right fit. I've been wearing them around the house all day long and love that they are so comfortable and lightweight. Did I mention they're adorable?
Orthaheel has a very nice selection of sandals designed for both comfort and style as well as various colours to choose from. This summer, I am leaning towards the colour coral. It simply reminds me of long walks on the beach at sunset and searching for seashells along the seashore. I think my next pair would have to be the Fleur Toe Post Sandal, which is also new for 2013.
Sandals range in price from $44.95-$109.95 and shipping to the United States is $7 flat rate. Canadians can find Orthaheel sandals at Foot Solutions stores and select retailers across the country. Check out their list of Canada stores to find a location nearest you.
Why Choose Orthaheel?
Orthaheel was introduced by Australian Podiatrist Phillip Vasyli in 1991 in order to reach people struggling with heel, knee, leg and lower back pain by providing insoles and a collection of shoes, sandals and slippers designed with Orthaheel’s unique technology. Orthaheel offers the only sandals recommended by both the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) and America’s leading wellness doctor, Andrew Weil, MD.
Walkabout Your Way to Health
Orthaheel is encouraging Canadians to get moving and maximize the health benefits of walking by wearing the right shoes or orthotic suppport to ensure proper foot and ankle alignement as well as to relieve chronic pain and discomfort. As indicated in the Hearth & Stroke Foundation's Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines, walking 30 minutes a day can help you look and feel better.
Orthaheel offers these walkabout tips and motivators to get you moving:
- Download an upbeat playlist from your iTunes account or sign up for music streaming apps like 8Tracks or Rdio on your smart phone
- Leave the house 30 minutes early and use that time to walk to work, or if you drive – stop en route at a park or around your workplace’s neighbourhood
- Suggest to a friend that instead of meeting for a drink, brunch or coffee that you’ve planned a walk & talk date around one of the city’s fanciest neighbourhoods
- Pack your lunch and eat it at your desk – take the time you’d normally spend to check your personal email or line-up at the food court and go for a brisk walk – you’ll come back to work feeling better and be more productive
- When the weather heats up, check out Orthaheel’s Spring & Summer ’13 collection of stylish and comfortable sandals
- Slip a pair of Orthaheel’s Orthotics into an existing pair of walking or casual shoes – there are a variety of types to choose from to fit any pair of shoes – even pumps
Disclosure: I was sent product to help facilitate this review. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own.