Hasbro Invites You and Your Children to FanExpo Canada (Kids Are Free With Coupon!)Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tomorrow is the first day of FanExpo Canada, a unique event that "brings together a fascinating array of celebrities, exhibitors, retailers and visitors from all over Canada and around the world. It showcases Canada’s highest profile industry professionals and all of the latest licensed entertainment properties and related products." It focuses on the following five pop cultures: Comic Books, Anime, Science Fiction, Horror and Gaming. And of course, Hasbro will be there. This will be a great opportunity for you to check out their newest line of construction toys call KRE-O. Plus, you'll also have the chance to get your picture taken with Bumble Bee, guess how many KRE-O bricks it takes to build the 8 foot Optimus Prime and put your construction skills to test.
There is so much to see and do. And I'm so happy that Hasbro has offered to send my kids and I to attend the show. I think I'd probably hang out at the Sci-Fi Expo the most. Just check out the list of SFX Science Fiction Expo Celebrity Guests! (The people I really want to see are in bold.)
- WILLIAM SHATNER (Star Trek) back by popular demand!
- ANTHONY DANIELS (C-3PO in Star Wars feature films)
- ELIZA DUSHKU (Echo in Dollhouse)
- BARBARA EDEN (Jeannie in I Dream of Jeannie)
- TOM FELTON (Draco in Harry Potter feature films)
- LARRY HAGMAN (Major Anthony Nelson in I Dream of Jeannie)
- LANCE HENRIKSEN (Bishop in the Aliens feature films)
- LEE MAJORS (Steve Austin in The Six Million Dollar Man)
- NICHELLE NICHOLS (Uhura in the original Star Trek)
- KATEE SACKHOFF (Captain Kara of Battlestar Galactica)
- MICHAEL SHANKS (Dr. Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG-1)
- MARINA SIRTIS (Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- KEVIN SORBO (Captain Dylan Hunt in Andromeda and star of Hercules)
- SAM TRAMMELL (Sam Merlotte in True Blood)
|Take a photo with your favourite characters. (Image courtesy of FanExpo Canada)|
This is just a sampling of celebrity guests scheduled to attend. I think you'd need the entire four days to take advantage of all there is to see and do. Interested in taking your kids? Thanks to Hasbro, you can print the coupon below and up to 2 children can receive free admission with the purchase of an adult ticket. Adult admission ranges from $25 to $40 per day depending on the day and kids get in for $10 without a coupon. So if you have two kids, this coupon would save you $20. Not bad!
|Click on the image to print.|
Also, be sure to come back here soon for a fabulous, and I mean, super cool, KRE-O giveaway you won't want to miss!
Disclosure: Hasbro has offered to send my family to FanExpo Canada. I was not compensated in any way for writing this post.