Back to School with Brother Canada Labellers - Review and TWO Giveaways!Friday, October 01, 2010
This contest is now closed. The winners have been selected.
Yes, it's officially October! Back to School themes are coming to a close. School bags and markers are on sale along with other cool supplies. And students are settling into the routines as staffing models and class configurations are finalized. It's also the perfect time to develop and maintain organizational skills and habits that will make things less chaotic throughout the new school year. Now, with Brother Canada electronic labellers, organizing can be easy and fun!
handheld labellers and I was uber excited to test out two of their popular P-touch models - the PT-1090 and the PT-1290. I immediately noted that the keyboard layout on the PT-1290 is similar to that of a computer keyboard (QWERTY) so naturally, I tested that one out first. I really love the design and how comfortable it is to hold while you configure your customized labels. It's easy to use when you're looking for a quick label but if you're looking for a more stylish look, it also offers 15 unique pre-programmed design patterns in the Deco Mode. You can easily access it by pressing the special D (for design!) button. Here are some of the other additional features:
- 2 Professional Fonts (Helsinki and Bohemia)
- 8 Font Styles (Normal, Bold, Outline, Shadow, Italic, Italic Bold, Italic Outline, Italic Shadow)
- 80 Built-in Symbols
- Prints labels up to 12 mm (1/2") wide on laminated indoor/outdoor TZ series tapes
- Easy view, 15-character LCD display
- Prints 1 or 2 lines of crisp text
- Mirror printing
- 6 Auto Formats and 7 Framing Options (Round, Leaf, Tile, Star, Heart, Square, Clip)
- Built-in memory saves up to 9 of your favorite labels and more!
We even used one to label her cotton hoodie. I just threw it in the wash for the first time and it is still as good as new. I'm pretty excited about that. The technology behind the six-layered laminated tape makes it water resistant and noticeably durable.
As much as I love trying to be organized at home, I am making every effort to be more organized at work, too. I used my new Brother labellers and updated my filing tabs. I used the outline feature and a couple of my colleagues commented on how nice they looked. I tend to agree.
I am also getting in the habit of labeling all of my personal belongings, namely because I have a bad habit of leaving things behind in each of the classrooms I visit daily. I am also running out of my other personalized name labels so it was great to be able to label my new mini teacher cart. Isn't this thing adorable? The double-sided whiteboard can come off so I can easily place it on a table as a learning centre. So of course, I labeled both pieces. I swear, if I had a whole day to organize my office, there would be labels everywhere! (And there will be, mark my words!)
If you're a label nut like me, then you will be happy to know that two of my readers will get one of these Brother handheld labellers to help you get more organized! Yippee!
Brother.ca store locator.
For additional entries, you may choose to do any or all of the following:
- Add my blog button to your site. Copy code is located on the right sidebar. (Worth 2 entries. Please be sure to leave two separate comments.)
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom using Google Friend Connect.
- Become a fan of the new Toronto Teacher Mom Facebook fan page.
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for additional entries. Feel free to use the following tweet:
Disclosure: I received two Brother handheld labellers as listed above for the purpose of this review. I was not compensated in any other way. The thoughts and views expressed in this review are strictly my own honest opinions.