Visit ROM for the HolidaysMonday, December 19, 2016
Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But two weeks off work is delightful,
And if you've no place to go,
Toronto! Toronto! Toronto!
The final week of school is upon us and I couldn't be more thrilled. While I still have plenty to do before Christmas Day, I am really looking forward to having two weeks home with the kids after Christmas. For the first time, I won't have the stress of finding the perfect gift for everyone on my shopping list while on break, which means two whole weeks to enjoy with the family. And lucky for us, we live in one of the best cities for family fun - Toronto! At the top of our list is a visit to the Royal Ontario Museum.
ROM for the Holidays Features 14 Days of Family Fun
For those who are planning a visit to Toronto, and Torontonians alike, a trip to the ROM is a great way to celebrate the holidays. This season, the ROM comes alive with family-friendly activities as part of a CHIHULY-inspired ROM for the Holidays taking place from Monday, December 26, 2016, to Sunday, January 8, 2017. Escape to a winter wonderland and marvel at glowing lights, festive traditions and exclusive gallery activations. Take advantage of extended hours of operation and programming, check out Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition featuring 100 striking wildlife and landscape images, and visit the spectacular CHIHULY exhibition before it comes to a close.
Additional opportunities for family fun during ROM for the Holidays include:
- Catch the creative and curious inflatable sculptures from Balloon Artist “Jungle Jack”
- Explore how fire and ice shape our natural world with touchable objects from our collections—from volcanic glass to a polar bear skull!
- See incredible “glass” fossils of creatures that lived in the seas long before the dinosaurs, and learn how they reveal their prehistoric secrets
- Sail into the icy heart of a historical mystery: what happened to HMS Erebus in the cold Arctic waters?
- Relax at the ROM Early Learner’s Lounge - a quiet space for families to play and rest
- Indulge in the exclusive Rotunda Coffee Bar, located in the ROM’s historic Queen’s Park Rotunda
- Challenge family and friends with video games inspired by the ROM’s collections
- Jam with Sonshine and Broccoli’s interactive and fun-filled musical shows for all ages
- Decorate a holiday tree with origami creations, creatures, and crystals
Plus, become a ROM Member and enjoy express entry, unlimited free access to exhibitions and galleries, exclusive previews, members-only discounts, and much more. Until December 31, save $20 on a Family/Dual Membership for up to two named adults and four kids under 17. Visit rom.on.ca/membership and enter the promo code HOLIDAY. This would also make a great last minute gift idea. Treat friends and family to a ROM Membership by visiting rom.on.ca/membership.
Enter to Win a ROM Family Membership
To help celebrate the season, one lucky family will win a ROM Family Membership valued at $149! The membership is valid for a year and allows you to enjoy free admission, discounts on shopping and dining, and exclusive events. For a chance to win, leave a comment on this post sharing why you would like to win and complete the Rafflecopter form below.
Disclosure: I have received special perks as part of the ROM for the Holidays campaign. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own.