Sometimes waking up in the morning isn't as fun as I'd like it to be, especially knowing that there are breakfasts and lunches to be made before sending the kids off to school and heading into work. Luckily, my husband is a superhero and wears a cape in the form of an apron. Okay, he doesn't really wear an apron but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a superhero costume. This guy is a whiz in the kitchen and I couldn't be more fortunate that, over the past week, he hasn't had to rush to work as early as is customary. This means we get to enjoy breakfast together. In other words, he cooks. We eat. As part of Nutella Canada's Add a Little Joy campaign, I was tasked with creating a favourite Nutella breakfast recipe so of course, I turned to my husband for some help. I decided to go with my number one way to add a little joy to breakfast with Nutella - A Nutella Banana Breakfast Crepe that is mmm, mmm, good!
Nutella Banana Breakfast Crepe Recipe
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- fresh berries
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk and vanilla, and whisk until smooth. Once the melted butter has cooled, whisk it into the batter.
- Pre-heat a non-stick skillet over low to medium heat, lightly coat with butter and pour enough batter to lightly cover the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the underside is golden brown, flip with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Smooth a layer of Nutella spread over one side of the crepe and add banana slices to one half of the crepe. Fold the crepe over, cut in half and serve with fresh berries and banana slices on top.
Since Nutella combined with banana has always been such a favourite of mine, it's no surprise that I also enjoy them together on waffles, pancakes and toast. No matter how few hours of sleep I've had, this Nutella and banana combo is guaranteed to brighten up my morning. As part of the Add a Little Joy campaign, Nutella has compiled an assortment of breakfast and snack recipe ideas on addjoy.nutella.ca. Four words: Nutella Breakfast Tortilla Pizza. Nuff said.
To help you add a little joy to your breakfast table, Nutella invites you to play the Spoon it or Spread it online game for a chance to win instant Nutella prizing and learn about the versatility of Nutella. Also, when you buy specially marked Nutella jars, you will find a unique PIN that you can use on addjoy.nutella.ca. Each PIN provides a chance to win a Nutella SPIFE - half spoon, half knife, the perfect tool to help you Spread It or Spoon It. Jars can be purchased in stores beginning in February and while supplies last. While you're on the site, you can evensubmit your own recipe online for a chance to have it featured. Finally, since I love Nutella SO much, I have teamed up with them to offer up a fabulous prize pack valued at $100!