Dirt Devil 360 Reach Pro Bagless Stick VacuumFriday, October 09, 2015
Next month, my mother turns 67 years old. She and my father live in a beautiful two-story home with hardwood and ceramic flooring throughout. While they love their custom-built home, it is becoming more of a chore to keep up with the housework the older they get. You see, my mother takes great pride in maintaining a spotless home. I swear, the floors are so clean, you could eat off of them. One of the things she regrets, however, is going with a dark hardwood because you can see pretty much every speck of dust and it drives her crazy. She often uses a dust mop, just like I remember as a child when we lived in our old house. It's so much easier than lugging around a large coil of central vacuum hose up and down a flight of stairs. Imagine if there were a portable bagless alternative that dusts and vacuums simultaneously. Something like... Dirt Devil's 360 Reach Pro.
This 4-in-1 stick vacuum might appear small but it actually packs quite a punch. Using a Cyclonic Filtration system, it creates powerful suction that combines with Vac+Dust Tools to capture heavy dirt and debris. My favourite feature? The SWIPES microfiber pads that remind me of the dust mop my mom used to have. And they're washable! The Dirt Devil 360 Reach Pro comes with six tools and an extended wand as well as a very handy storage bag. Hint: When storing the vacuum and all the parts in the bag, place the extended wand last to ensure a better fit.
To help you go from floors to ceilings to couches in seconds, use the various tools as follows:
- Vacuum+Dust Ceiling Fan Tool with SWIPES Washable Microfiber Pad - Vacuum and dust ceiling fan blades. (Fits most fans.)
- Vacuum+Dust Hard Floor Tool with SWIPES Washable Microfiber Pad - Pick up heavy dirt & debris while the microfiber pad captures the dust.
- Vacuum+Dust Above Floor Tool with SWIPES Washable Microfiber Pad - Easily tackle vents, hard-to-reach corners, shelves and more.
- Crevice Tool - Extend your cleaning reach to swipe dust and debris from book shelves, curtain rods, ceilings, cupboards, and everything below.
- Pivoting Extension Tool - Gives you precision and control when cleaning areas that are out of sight and reach.
- Powered Stair & Upholstery Tool - Adjusts to clean every part of the step. With the detachable hand vac, hard jobs like cleaning the car interior are made easy!
Dirt Devil’s 360 Reach Bagless Stick Vacuum includes a budget-friendly reusable Quick-Rinse Filter and comes with a 3-year limited warranty. The suggested retail value is $129.99 but you can purchase the Dirt Devil 360 Reach Pro from Best Buy currently on sale for $99.99. Guess what I'm buying my mother for her birthday!
Some points to consider:
I found that after using the vacuum for a long period of time, the unit would become rather warm making it a little uncomfortable to hold. I also found that, when using the stair tool, it would pivot on its own if I vacuumed too quickly, which became annoying. Luckily, I don't have any carpet, just a few rugs. This vacuum is definitely handy for cleaning the interior of my car, which is why I had purchased a cordless Dirt Devil many years ago. The 27 foot cord of the 360 Reach Pro makes it much more practical since I no longer have to worry about it losing its charge midway through. And of course, the ability to vacuum and dust hard-to-reach places makes this vacuum stand out from the rest in its category.
Disclosure: I received product to help facilitate this review. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own.