Celebrate the Earth With EnviroKidzMonday, April 06, 2015
What better way to ring in the spring season than with a party to celebrate the earth! With Earth Day coming up on April 22, EnviroKidz invites you to throw a Celebrate-the-Earth party to make learning about animals and the planet fun and delicious for kids. Why not try making some tasty Chocolate Garden Cups featured above? Or try these easy no-bake Koala Crisp™ Mini Cupcakes using the recipe below.
Koala Crisp™ Mini Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 18 mini cupcakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups EnviroKidz Koala Crisp™cereal
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 strawberries, sliced
Grease a mini-muffin pan and set aside. In saucepan set over medium heat, bring butter, honey and brown rice syrup to boil. Boil for about 1 minute or until mixture is well combined and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and cereal. Divide evenly and press into 18 mini-muffin cups. Cool completely. Remove from pan.
Icing: Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until well combined. Gradually beat in icing sugar and cocoa until smooth. Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a swirl of icing onto each cupcake. Garnish with a strawberry slice.
Calories per serving: 91
In celebration of the planet, Envirokidz is offering an @EnviroKidz Celebrate-the-Earth Party Kit, valued at $100, to one lucky reader.
The kit includes:
- 10 free product vouchers, valued at $50
- EnviroKidz products needed for the recipes above and EnviroKidz snack bars
- Download-and-print party invites
- Party Banner
- Party swag including animal stickers from our 1% for the Planet nonprofit partners such as The Australian Koala Foundation and Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund
- Activity books full of fun, educational games and quizzes featuring your favourite EnviroKidz Animals.
Contest is open to Canadian and US residents only, except where prohibited.
Disclosure: I received product to help facilitate this review. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own. Recipes courtesy of Nature's Path EnviroKidz.