Fathers Day Dino Breakfast and Dinosaur Train All Aboard Game GiveawayFriday, June 17, 2011
Oh, my! I just realized Father's Day is two days away. This week has been so busy for me that I really haven't had much time to think about ways to celebrate. And seeing as my husband wants to spend the day golfing, then perhaps we can start off the day with a healthy, easy-to-make, Father's Day breakfast à la Dinosaur Train. Here are some neat ideas:
- T-rex Footprint Pancakes – with adult help, children shape the batter into the large three-toed feet of a Tyrannosaurus.
- Paleontologist Pancakes – make small pancakes, then stack them up 5 or 6 high (maybe putting apple sauce or sour cream between them), and hiding “fossils” between the layers – the fossils being pieces of strawberry, banana slices, chocolate chips, and so on.
- Stegosaurus Smoothie – a colorful, healthy fruit smoothie made with a blend of yogurt, a frozen banana, and any other fruit you wish. Serve it on a dish with a rim. In the middle of the dish, place a line of triangular fruit pieces – such as pineapple, apples, or cantaloupe. These little fruity triangles will look like the plates on a stegosaurus’ back.
- Triceratops Eggs – scrambled eggs that have “horns” sticking out of them – made of breadsticks.
One reader of Toronto Teacher Mom will a copy of the Dinosaur Train All Aboard Game. (approximately valued at $12). For your main entry, which is mandatory, visit the Dinosaur Train website and tell me which activity you think your child might like to do with dad this Father's Day. Leave your answer in a comment on this post along with a way to contact you if you win. (You need to click on the word "comments" at the bottom of this post to take you to the comment form.)
For additional entries, you may choose to do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each entry indicating what you have done. Include additional comments if indicated below.
- Add my button to your blog.
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom using Google Friend Connect.
- Like Dinosaur Train on Facebook
- Like Toronto Teacher Mom on Facebook and leave a comment stating you entered to win a Dinosaur Train prize pack.
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Tweet up to three times a day for additional entries. Feel free to use the following tweet:
And the winner is:
|12. Heather R.|
Disclosure: I was given the opportunity to o provide my U.S. readers with a chance to win a Dinosaur Train game. Breakfast ideas courtesy of Dinosaur Train. I was not compensated in any way. The thoughts expressed in this post are strictly my own opinions.