Cleaning Tips From ReadersDigest.caWednesday, June 22, 2011
Summer is officially here and school is wrapping up in about a week. Now, normally I would be jumping for joy since it is the time of year when teachers get to kick back and relax, right? That's kind of what I was hoping for. Unfortunately, that is rarely case. And this year seems oddly different. For some reason, I feel like these past few months just flew by, leaving me dumbstruck and my messy hair flapping in the wind. I recall creating a mental "to do" list of all those dreaded cleaning and organizational tasks that needed to be done. And yet, it seems I failed to tackled any of them. So guess what I'll be doing this summer?
Fortunately, I recently discovered a jackpot full of cleaning tips on ReadersDigest.ca. One of the articles that quickly caught my eye offered tips on spring clutter clean-up. (Yes. I have some catching up to do.) After reading these tips to freshen up your home, I decided that this summer I will attempt the following
belated spring tips:
- Toss the toiletries. I have way too many and my bathroom cupboard is overflowing with unused products.
- Do the season swap. Just yesterday, I found a pair of winter mittens in a load of laundry. Because you never know when you'll need clean mittens in the summer.
- Cut clothing clutter. I know that in the past year I probably didn't wear nearly half of the items that are currently hanging in my closest. And at the rate I'm going, I'll probably never fit back into them anyway.
- 4 Ways to Clean a Dirty Grill (I must try the first two tips.)
- Homemade Cleaning Products (Time to go shopping for some essential oils.)
- The Legendary Guide to Cleaning (This, of course, is self explanatory.)
- 6 Good Kitchen Habits to Develop (I swear, this one was written specifically for my husband.)
This post has been brought to you by: