The Top Ten Events of 2010Sunday, January 02, 2011
Looking back on the past year, I am amazed at all the wonderful things I have been able to do thanks to blogging, Twitter and Facebook. There are so many memorable moments that the list could be a lot longer. In any case, here are my top ten events and excursions of 2010, in David Letterman style.
10. Camp Spooky at Canada's Wonderland - Who knew Wonderland kept their rides open in October? Thanks to Central Counties for the complimentary passes and a day of fun for the kids. Okay, I had a blast, too!
9. Louise Kent's CD launch party - Louise Kent has an amazing talent and really engaged the kids in the audience. This event was emceed by the talented Scott Hammell, another Free the Children activist.
8. Yo Gabba Gabba Live! There's a Party in my City - Let me tell you, these characters really know how to throw a party! The V.I.P. experience was totally awesome! Thank you, Michelle Sisco!
7. Maple Leaf Foods Dinner - I, along with about 25 other bloggers, sat down with the CEO of Maple Leaf Foods to discuss the new Maple Leaf Pledge to be a global leader in food safety. Truth be told, I didn't realize I was having drinks with el presidente until he introduced himself after we sat down to dinner. I also met a number of fabulous bloggers, too. Thanks to Sumaya Khan at Matchstick for the invitation.
6. Love, Loss and What I Wore - With a cast that included Louise Pitre, Mary Walsh, Andrea Martin, Sharron Matthews and Paula Brancati, how I could I decline an invitation from Hubert Hsu to join in the fun? And yes, my friend nearly peed her pant(ie)s, it was that funny!
5. Lays Chip Trip to Casa Loma - I have always wanted to visit a castle and Casa Loma fit the bill. I still can't get over how beautiful the grounds are. And the view from the top of the tower was absolutely stunning! I am so lucky to have been able to participate in this program thanks to Jessica Matthews and Miranda McCurlie of Fleishman-Hillard Canada.
4. Tour of the CN Tower and a Date with Dora - I will never forget how lucky I was to meet two of the wonderful ladies behind Mom Central Canada, Kathryn and Cora, at this exclusive meet and greet with Dora followed by a tour of the CN Tour. What a great way to spend the March Break! I also met for the first time two lovely blogging tweethearts that I still bump into from time to time, Wendy @mapsgirl and CarrieAnne @cbadov.
3. X'10 Canada - Okay, Xbox Kinect may be the coolest gaming system ever! All I want it for is to play Dance Central. I know I'll never be as good as Blake McGrath was that day we bumped into him, but it doesn't matter 'cause it's just so gosh-darn fun! High Road Communications sure knows how to throw a shindig, too, by the way.
2. Yummy Mummy Club Barbie Pink Carpet Premiere - What can I say except that this was one of the most awesome V.I.P. events my kids and I were so fortunate to experience! We're talking limo rides, an exclusive meet and greet with Barbie and incredible swag. If you haven't joined the Yummy Mummy Club yet, what are you waiting for? This was only one of their amazing contests and I know there's another Barbie movie coming out. So that must mean another Pink Carpet event? And at the very least, you'll love reading all the fantastic articles from Erica Ehm and her incredible team of mummy and daddy bloggers, too.
And now, for the #1 event of 2010... drum roll please...
1. Blissdom Canada - Never in a million years would I have seen myself amongst an incredible group of women who were in attendance at the first ever Blissdom Canada conference here in Toronto. I cannot tell you how lucky I felt to meet such amazing ladies, many of whom I had only 'met' online and finally had the opportunity to meet face to face. The sessions were good, too, but my favourite parts were the social gatherings such as at Mabel Bliss where we got to mingle alongside the wonderful Julie Cole and Tricia Mumby from Mabel's Labels while Cocktail Deeva did her thang. Or, the unforgettable YMC Bliss party at the Body Blitz Spa with Erica Ehm. But my ultimate favourite was singing
shamelessly to the tune of Shakira's 'Hips Don't Lie' and busting a move with the wonderfully clad Alli Worthington, co-founder of the event, during the Halloween Karaoke party. And to all the wonderful ladies who made my first ever blogger conference so blissful, thank you! I have to include a shout-out to my blogging buddies Stephanie, Shelagh, Tara, Cynthia, Sherrie, Tammi, Kimberly, Cheryl and Nolie. I'm sure I have left people out but remember this list could go on and on and on... I truly hope I will be able to attend Blissdom Canada '11. Will you be there?