Holiday Tips and Scotch Brand Tape Review with GiveawaySaturday, December 18, 2010
Scotch Brand Tape!
If you were to ask me which item was my favourite, I'd have to say all of them. Tape is a hot commodity in our house and we go through it like crazy. I will admit that the double-sided tape is near and dear to me because I use it a lot when making greeting cards and it also helps to achieve that Martha Stewart finish when wrapping gifts. The scissors are fantastic and I love the weight and feel when cutting paper. These I will save for special projects when I need nice, gunk-free scissors with a sharp blade for precision cuts. For those times where you're in a rush, the pop-up tape dispenser comes in handy. I would use this only in those
|Slide the cover all the way open.|
|Add a Scotch Pop-Up refill and close the cover.|
For detailed product descriptions, visit ScotchTape.ca or click on the links below.
Scotch® GiftWrap Tape features a unique satin finish that disappears on most gift wrap papers. Makes all your gifts look great! Easy to dispense and sticks securely.
Scotch® Permanent Double Sided Tape is coated with photo-safe, permanent adhesive on both sides. A no-mess alternative to glue for light duty attaching and mounting tasks.
Scotch® Magic™ Tape is the original matte-finish, invisible tape. Frosty on the roll but invisible on paper, It’s the preferred tape for offices, home offices and schools.
Scotch® Pop-Up Tape Handband dispenser is the ultimate in tape delivery, style, and convenience. With one-handed dispensing, this attractive and sleek styled dispenser slips comfortably onto your hand. Great for gift wrapping!
Scotch™ Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors are ideal for fabrics, photos, and all types of paper. The titanium-fused blades stay sharper longer than stainless steel blades and use non-stick technology that means no more sticky build up on blades.
For those who like to procrastinate as much as I do, you might like to read up on some holiday decorating tips from Lynn Spence. If you watch Citytv's CityLine, you will recognize her as the regular style expert on Around the House and Fashion Friday. She also works as a freelance editor for Canadian Home and Country Magazine as well as a photo shoot stylist for various magazines. Here are Lynn's 12 tips for holiday decorating:
- Stock Up – Before you start wrapping, make sure you have all of the necessary supplies. Quality scissors and tape will make the gift wrapping experience a breeze (see proof points below:)
- Stay Sharp – Have a sharp pair of scissors, such as Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Scissors, for cutting paper and other materials. It will allow you to achieve greater precision with your cuts. And if tape on your scissors is a pet peeve, Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors use non-stick technology that means no more sticky build up on blades.
- One of a Kind Tags – You can make your own gift tags by using the back of old holiday cards. Cut pictures or words from magazines, and paste them on the gift card to make it festive. Voila! Your own customized gift tag.
- Go Glam – Add luxury to your packages with glamorous materials such as metallic papers that will make anyone feel spoiled. Fashioned inspired animal print or sophisticated quilted paper will look luxurious under the tree.
- Mix It Up – Move away from traditional wrapping paper by incorporating new textures such as rice, foil and matte papers into your wrapping repertoire. Mixed colours and patterns are also a great way to add visual interest to your presents.
- Au Natural – For a more organic, eco look, use recycled papers or materials such as linen, Kraft paper, fabric remnants, burlap or a fabulous vintage scarf.
- In Lieu of Glue – For tasks where you’d traditional use glue, reach for Scotch® Double-Sided Tape, a no-mess alternative for light duty attaching and mounting tasks.
- Fit to Be Tied – Homemade bows are easier to make than you think. Simply tie the ribbon as you would a shoelace, and use fresh greens or other ornamentation to “dress up” the package. The recipient will surely be impressed with the “professional look” of the present!
- Stay Seamless – Scotch GiftWrap Tape features a unique satin finish that disappears on most gift wrap papers. Makes all your gifts look great! Easy to dispense and sticks securely.
- Make It Last – The joy of giving is always in style but before you start wrapping gifts, make sure you stock up on quality tape like Scotch Brand to ensure your packages stay sealed until its time to unwrap them.
- Waste Not, Want Not – Get creative with scraps of paper, ribbons and other found items to add pizzazz to your wrapping and help the environment by keeping these items out of the waste basket.
- ‘Tis the Season – Before you start gift wrapping, put on some holiday music, relax and have fun! Remember – it’s the thought that counts!
Scotch Canada site for a full list of retailers.
One lucky reader will win a 3M Scotch Holiday prize pack containing similar items as the ones I received, as seen in the picture to the right (ARV $50).
For you first entry, visit the Scotch Tape How To section on Gift Wrapping and tell me which technique you'd love to try. Leave a comment on this post along with a way to contact you if you win.
For additional entries, you may choose to do any or all of the following:
- Add my blog button to your website for one entry. If it's located on your sidebar, add a second entry. Copy code is located to the right.
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom using Google Friend Connect.
- Like the Scotch Facebook fan page for one entry. Leave a comment on their wall telling them I sent you and you get a second bonus entry.
- Like the Toronto Teacher Mom Facebook fan page.
- Subscribe to this blog by email or in a reader.
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for additional entries. Feel free to use the following tweet:
Contest ends December 23 at 9 pm EST. Open to Canadian residents only. Winner will be selected using Random.org and must reply to the notification email within 3 days or a new winner will be drawn.
Disclosure: I received Scotch Tape samples for the purpose of this review. I was not compensated in any other way. The thoughts and views expressed in this review are strictly my own honest opinions.