Hana Professional Flat Iron from Misikko - Review with GiveawayFriday, June 25, 2010
Have you ever had one of those bad hair days that makes you want to stay home and never leave the house? Ever yearn for that fresh salon look without having to pay someone else to do it? I do. Sometimes I wish I were a man just so I wouldn't have to worry so much about styling my hair. And it's worse when I let it grow. I just get fed up and pull it back into a pony tail and forget about it. Recently, I had my hair cut above the shoulders and layered to help lighten my bob. And when I left the salon, I loved it. When I washed it the next morning, not so much. I pulled out my old flat iron and spent what seemed like forever trying to tame the mess. And alas, it still lacked the sleek look from the day before. It was too short to be tied back and I had to face the fact that I would never get that salon look on my own. Then I found Misikko.com.
Misikko.com is an online store that finds the best flat iron, hair dryers and styling tools in the industry. They have a great selection of irons and straighteners by brand names such as Hana Salon and Corioliss, just to name a few. For this review, I was sent the Hana Professional 1" Flat Iron - Pink Edition. It came with a matching travel pouch, a heat-proof silicone mat and a tin case.
I could not wait to try it out and so, the very night it arrived, I put it to use. Here is what I love about it: it warmed up really quickly, glided through my hair so easily and, at a medium setting, it straightened my hair with a professional flair. What a difference it makes to have a professional flat iron. I am really happy with how nicely my hair turned out in such a short time and with such ease.
If owning a professional flat iron can make such a big difference compared to a cheaper version as those that can be found in the local pharmacy, I might need to look into some professional hair dryers, too.
Misikko.com for $119.99, a 41% savings. It's such a hot item, they can barely keep it on the shelves. It also qualifies for free shipping, which is standard on orders over $50. They will even ship to PO Boxes.
This contest is now closed.
Misikko has offered to send to one of my readers their very own 1" flat iron by Corioliss. The Classic Pro Flat Iron retails for $200 and features ceramic plates that heat up in less than 6 seconds and can be used to straighten, flip or curl.
For your main entry, which is mandatory, visit Misikko.com and tell me what other products you would love to own. Leave a comment on this post and a way to contact you if you win.
For additional entries, you may choose to do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each entry indicating what you have done.
- Add my newly designed button to your site. Copy code is located on the right sidebar. (Worth 2 entries. Please leave two separate comments.)
- Blog about this giveaway on your personal site with a link back to this post. When you are done, leave the link to your post in your comment.
- Become a follower of Misikko on Twitter.
- Like Misikko on Facebook.
- Sign up for the Misikko newsletter by clicking on the Sign Me Up button on their site. (Worth 3 entries!!!)
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom using Google Friend Connect.
- Subscribe to Toronto Teacher Mom in a reader or by verified email.
- Become a fan by liking the Facebook fan page or via Networked Blogs.
- Follow Toronto Teacher Mom on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for additional entries. Feel free to use the following tweet:
* Win a Corioliss flat iron from @Misikko valued at $200! * @TeacherMomOfTwo Click here for details -- http://ow.ly/232vK
Contest ends on July 16 at 11pm EST. Open to Canadian and US residents. Winner will be selected using Random.org and must reply to the notification email within 3 days or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is listed at All Things Bloggy.
Disclosure: I received a Hana Professional Flat Iron for the purpose of this review.
The thoughts and views expressed in this review are strictly my own honest opinions.
I was not compensated in any other way.