Green Beaver Company Product Review and GiveawayTuesday, January 12, 2010
Calling all Canadians!
Do you like pure, natural and organic products?
Do you prefer to support local farmers?
Does eco-friendly packaging effect your choice of products?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, then you've come to the right place. My friends, I have recently had the pleasure of sampling two great products from the Green Beaver Company: the Winter Body Lotion from their Après-Ski line and one of their newest products, their delicious Lip Shimmer.
Here's a little tidbit of information about the company:
- Founded in 2002 by biochemist Karen Clark and husband Alain Ménard, microbiologist, who were inspired by their son Joshua to develop safe, natural and eco-friendly personal care products.
- Located in Hawkesbury, Ontario, the Green Beaver Company distributes their products to hundreds of natural health stores all over Canada.
- Based on the Natural Living approach, they continue to introduce products made with organic Canadian ingredients that are edible, vegan and gluten-free, or ecologically wild-crafted from coast to coast. They do not use artificial, synthetic, chemical or petrol-derived ingredients, nor do they test their products on animals.
Now on to the product review.
The Winter Body Lotion is great. On the Green Beaver website, it states that their winter skin care products are:
.formulated to protect and relieve the driest, roughest and itchiest skin. The products are naturally rich with shea and cocoa butter for maximum hydration. Après-Ski products are enriched with skin soothing colloidal oatmeal and other nourishing plant extracts such as aloe.
After a few minutes of applying some lotion on my terribly dry hands, I noticed they felt silky smooth and that the cracked skin on my knuckles felt soothed. I could also smell a nice medley of thyme, oregano and rosemary which kind of sent me into an herbal zen-like state. Don't laugh. It's true! It's like when I walk into natural or organic health stores. That's what the smell reminds me of. It makes me feel like sitting in the Lotus position, listen to a babbling brook, practice yoga breathing and focus on my Brow Chakra.
The new Green Beaver Lip Shimmer is absolutely fabulous. If you want soft, sumptuous lips, you will delight in knowing that they have added Canadian-grown carrot and cranberry seed extracts. Other fantastic ingredients include vitamin E and carotenoids which help provide long-lasting moisturization. I love it! These tasty shimmers are available in the following colours:
What are some of the additional benefits of using these products?
- You reduce the use of pesticides and its residual effects.
- You encourage more Canadian farmers to go organic.
- You help to cut down pollution by going local.
Just an FYI: not only do they have a couple of baby products on the market, I have also been informed that they will be coming out with a kids' line this summer. Yay!
Visit the Green Beaver Company website for a list of retailers across Canada as well as some online stores that carry their products. For my Toronto readers, you've probably heard of the Big Carrot and yes, they carry Green Beaver! In my Google search, I came across Well.ca which sells a 240mL bottle of the winter body lotion for $12.99 and the mint-free Lip Shimmers for $5.89, and also offers free shipping within Canada with no minimum order!
This contest is now closed.
One lucky reader of Toronto Teacher Mom will receive one product from their Après-Ski line and one Lip Shimmer.
For additional entries, you may choose to do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each indicating what you have done.
- Check out their winter skin care tips and tell me something new that you learned.
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post. When you are done, leave a link to your post in your comment.
- Become a follower of Toronto Teacher Mom using Google Friend Connect.
- Subscribe to Toronto Teacher Mom.
- Become a fan of Toronto Teacher Mom on Facebook.
- Update your status on Facebook to notify your friends about this giveaway.
- Become a Toronto Teacher Mom follower on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for additional entries. Feel free to use the following tweet:
Enter to win a Green Beaver Lip Shimmer and Après-Ski product @teachermomoftwo http://tinyurl.com/yawoja6
Contest ends February 8, 2010 at midnight EST. Open to Canadian residents only.
Winner will be selected using Random.org and must reply to the notification email within 3 days or a new winner will be drawn.
* Disclaimer *
I was sent a bottle of Green Beaver Après-Ski Winter Body Lotion and a Lip Shimmer for the purpose of this review.
I was not compensated in any other way.
The thoughts and views expressed in this review are strictly my own honest opinions.