I've been tagged.Friday, March 03, 2006
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Let's see... I need a calculator for this one... (It's amazing how much you forget when you stop teaching for a few months!) That was 1996. I was... 18 years old and in grade... 12. I believe I was just getting my first taste of French Teaching since I was enrolled in a co-operative education course. I was working part-time as a clerk in the meat/deli/seafood department of a grocery store. I wore large goofy-looking glasses with tinted transitional lenses and didn't realize how much bigger my nose looked just by wearing them. Hindsight, unlike my vision, is 20/20.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Recovering from writing a tonne of report cards and co-planning a French Carnavale. Oh, and counting down the days until March Break.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Mars Bar
2. Chocolate Chip / White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookies
3. Ketchup / Salt & Vinegar Chips
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:
2. There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly
3. Frere Jacques
4. O Canada (in English and French)
5. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Pay off our mortgage.
3. Visit the Seven Wonders of the world.
4. Correct my vision so I wouldn't have to rely on glasses.
5. Teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.
Five bad / annoying habits:
2. Chewing on my tongue while concentrating hard.
3. Making popping noises with chewing gum.
4. Correcting people's grammatical errors
5. Picking at my pimples.
Five things I like doing:
2. Salsa dancing
4. Singing to / Playing with Madeleine
5. Working on the computer (especially creating my own teacher resources)
Five things I would never buy, wear, or get new again:
1. Bikini (thank you stretch marks!)
2. Blonde highlights
3. Half my wardrobe
4. Any Ford vehicle
5. A new house. I'm sick of moving.
Five favorite toys:
2. Hula hoop
3. Cabbage Patch doll
4. Perfection / SuperPerfection / Head-to-head Perfection
5. Rubix Cube
Here's the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot:
1. Desperate Housewife
2. My Blog Is About Nothing
3. The Mama
4. The Tales of Mama D
5. Toronto Teacher Mom Blog
Then select five people to tag: (This is all I've got so far)
1. Wishful Thinking
2. Ramblings of a Tired Teacher